- This event has passed.
Imploring God’s Help and Asking His Pardon
September 19 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Families/Individuals: Participate in confession or your own Ecological Examen***
Community: Monday, Sept 19, 7:00 pm Eucharistic Adoration for Care of Creation, Fr. Von, celebrant, St. Patrick’s Church, Pelham, NH
An Ignatian Ecological Examen:
1. I give thanks to God for creation and for being wonderfully made.
Where did I feel God’s presence in creation today?
2. I ask for the grace to see creation as God does – in all its splendor and suffering.
Do I see the beauty of creation and hear the cries of the earth and the poor?
3. I ask for the grace to look closely to see how my life choices impact creation, the poor and vulnerable. What challenges or joys do I experience as I recall my care for creation? How can I turn away from a throwaway culture and instead stand in solidarity with creation and the poor?
4. I ask for the grace of conversion towards ecological justice and reconciliation.
Where have I fallen short in caring for creation and my brothers and sisters? How do I ask for a conversion of heart?
5. I ask for the grace to reconcile my relationship with God, creation, and humanity, and to stand in solidarity through my actions. How can I repair my relationship with creation and make choices consistent with my desire for reconciliation with creation?
6. I offer a closing prayer for the earth and the vulnerable in our society.